Thursday, April 06, 2017

Weekend progress

As I said in my monthly goals My Ark has been put away for while and I pulled out another project to work on at weekends.

This is Angel of the Morning from Lavender and Lace.
I have no idea when I started but it was before 2004 when I started to keep a record.  I do remember being so in love with her that I drove over the pennies to Wye Needlecraft in Bakewell (now sadly closed) on the day she arrived in the shop so I could get the chart and supplies for her.
She was started and then as happened so often back then a model arrived and once it was done something else was calling my name.
She went out on a UFO RR at one point and this is how she returned home to me and in turn how she looked on Saturday afternoon.


And here's how far I got with her


4 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely to see this one again and I have another friend that doesn't blog who's working on this one. I hope you found your happiness with her again.

Julie said...

Another lovely one that has been languishing in the UFO drawer... great progress.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's nice to see an older project get some stitching time. It will be beautiful when finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely design and it's nice to see it out again.
I remember Wye Needlecraft although I never went there. Did they used to kit up L&L charts as I bought Celtic Noel as a kit back in the 1990s!